Have you ever skipped breakfast on a busy morning and went into the office feeling distracted by hunger? If so, you’re not alone. The odds are that many of your coworkers and employees have experienced the same thing. Installing a vending machine in your workplace provides convenient access to energizing snacks to help relieve hunger and boost your team’s productivity.
Relieving workplace hunger is just one of many benefits of adding a vending machine to your business.
How You Can Benefit From Vending Machines
The purpose of vending machines is more than simply providing food. They can significantly improve your operations and company culture. Consider the following advantages of vending machines for your business:
1. Low Overhead Costs
Vending machines are a convenient way to feed a large staff with minimal overhead. They require a fraction of the budget to run a concession stand or cafeteria. Modern vending machines are built to conserve energy and only require a small amount of electricity to run 24 hours a day.
2. Easy Maintenance & Management
By partnering with an industry-leading vending company like American Food & Vending, you can save time and money on food maintenance and management. Our experienced technicians and vending attendants will stock and maintain your machines to keep your employees satisfied. We’ll handle everything, so you can enjoy fast and reliable access to your favorite foods and beverages from clean, fully-functioning vending machines.
3. Keeps Employees Happy
When you go long periods without eating, your blood sugar drops, signaling your body to release hormones that can make you feel angry and stressed. Who wants stressed and angry employees? Vending machines will help keep your team fed and happy, so they have positive interactions with their coworkers and clients. It also shows that you care about their well-being, so they feel noticed and appreciated.
4. Improves Team Productivity
Productivity measures how much your employees can accomplish in a given amount of time. Business leaders will try anything to boost productivity, from investing in new technology to redesigning the office layout. Yet, many of them fail to realize the importance of vending machines in promoting productivity. Installing vending machines can help boost team productivity in the following ways:
- Save time: Brewing a cup of coffee in the break room or purchasing one from the cafeteria can take several minutes. Alternatively, your employees could grab a latte from the vending machine in a matter of seconds. Vending machines are quick and easy to use, so your team can get back to more important tasks.
- Improve morale: Food makes people happy and happy people are up to 13% more productive. Providing your employees with access to food also shows that you care about their well-being. Employees who feel valued and appreciated are motivated to accomplish more for the team.
- Fewer days off: Having healthy snack options at their fingertips will encourage your staff to eat a healthier diet instead of relying on fast food. Employees who eat healthier often take fewer sick days, which means more time in the office tackling their goals.
- Energy boost: Eating small meals and snacks every three to four hours helps you maintain steady energy levels throughout the day. However, packing a bag of snacks to eat at work isn’t always practical. Vending machines stocked with healthy snack options provide a convenient way for your employees to maintain a balanced diet and stay energized.
- Staying hydrated: Drinking plenty of water increases your energy levels and boosts brain function. However, some people would rather go thirsty than drink tap water. Installing a vending machine with purified bottles of ice-cold water will encourage your employees to stay hydrated to fuel their productivity.
5. Employees Stay On-Site
Vending machines give employees access to quick meals and snacks on-site, so they can avoid leaving the building. Your staff will appreciate the convenience of grabbing a quick bite on busy days when they’d rather relax and recharge than get in the car to pick up food somewhere else. Restful lunch breaks are crucial to your teams’ productivity.
By providing access to meals in the workplace, your staff is more likely to collaborate on projects and build stronger relationships during their lunch break. Studies show that workplace meals lead to higher productivity and better job performance.
6. Customizable Options
There are a variety of vending machines with customizable options to meet your workplace needs. You can poll your employees to find out what kind of food and refreshments they desire. Then, find a vending machine partner that will work with you to curate a selection of delicious and nutritious snacks that appeal to your entire staff. Over time, you can eliminate foods that don’t sell and stock more of the most popular items.
7. Promotes Health & Wellness
You can fill your vending machine with nutritious snack options to promote healthy eating in the workplace. Wholesome foods contain essential vitamins and minerals to give your team a boost of energy, so they can tackle their to-do list.
At American Food & Vending, our Amerifit healthy snack program features a wide assortment of nutrient-rich snack foods to promote a balanced diet. We color-code our machines with green, yellow and red spirals to help your staff identify healthy options.
8. Quick & Easy Access
Leaving work to grab a coffee or snack can take a significant amount of time. With a vending machine inside your office or warehouse space, employees can grab a drink or a snack in less than a minute.
9. Increased Flexibility
Rather than waiting for their lunch break or until the cafeteria opens, installing vending machine gives employees the flexibility to grab a snack when it works best for them. They can design their snack breaks around their most productive hours to avoid disrupting their workflow.
Improve the Workplace With American Food & Vending
Adding vending machines to your workplace has many advantages to help you reach your business goals. Experience the benefits for yourself with the help of an industry-leading vending company. At American Food & Vending, we offer a unique approach to traditional vending with customized dining and refreshment solutions. Unlike other companies that prioritize their bottom line, our primary focus is on hospitality with innovative culinary solutions customized to your specific needs.
As the fastest-growing vending partner in the industry, we always provide on-trend and sustainably sourced snacks and beverages. Our machines are extremely energy efficient, with the latest vending technology. Our VendMax reporting and tracking software ensures timely restocks, so you can rely on a variety of fresh foods.
Contact us today to discover more benefits of installing our state-of-the-art vending solutions in your workplace.